Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Do it again...

Was scrolling through my past posts and since August the 19th, I have more or less gotten most of the stuff I wanted. I've got all except the A3 papers and an iMac. Haha... The initial design for the new website had frames, but then since I'm not an amazing coder, I've decided to stick to just a single page and using tables instead.

So it's starting a little like all over again, and I'm still in the midst of starting proper, with a concept behind the website and all. All I know is I want to display large pictures on a clean layout with a touch of me in it. Thing is, I'm not sure what design. Hopefully after more brainstorming, I can finally get it going.

I've started my temp job yesterday, working half days this week so I can devote the extra time on working out my site and portfolio. Learnt a fair bit from the previous job that I could only stay for a month and 3 days. I am still reading more design books (currently at the first few pages of Typography Workbook) to increase my knowledge. School just wasn't enough and it took me too long to realize that the education I got was just a tiny touch of the surface.

Oh well, better late then never. I am just glad there are so many good books on grids, universal principles of design, typography, page design etc. for me to read. I just got my {Before & After Graphics for Business} book in the mail today! <3 I've referred to their {How to Design Cool Stuff} and {Page Design} books and liked how useful the information was. I just wish I could read faster!

No comments: