Thursday, September 18, 2008

test paint



I chanced upon my fellow colleague, Kai, watching this artist produce his works by using photographs in the initial process and then treating and manipulating them to paint over etc. I find it pretty useful, since I'm still learning how to pick colours for paintings. Though I don't use the guy's method 100% like he does, I just made use of the pictures for colours. :]

I prefer using photographs as textures, but I think I would be happy to manipulate photos to get interesting shapes to form new art.

The above was a test paint using colours from the original flower image I had. I love the blues and yellows. Her hair colour wasn't part of the original image though. She's giving off a rather pierrot/clown-like quality because of her skin and lip colours. It's still rather flat though. I'm not satisfied with the shading (or lack thereof). Oh well, better one next time.

Oh, and she reminds me of my doll girl, Kotone. I wanted to paint/draw the next dolly I'm saving up for. She's going to have a snow white skintone, is sleepy-eyed and look like a bisque/antique doll? I'm so not saving much at all. -weeps-

No comments: