Sunday, August 18, 2013

Making Courage Work - Week #1: Progress

I have recently began my journey in this 5-week programme called Making Courage Work, where I will be re-exploring art and my self expression. There are 5 Daily Damnits I have to do every day, out of which 4 of them will be posted on this blog to chronicle my progress and whatever thoughts I may have in the processes.

DD 1: Doodle at least 3 things a day {here are the combined for both 17th and 18th Aug}. A sky formation and most doodles at the dining tables. :p


DD 2 and 3: Do at least 1 speed paint a day as well as imitating an artist's style (Arkhip Kuindzhi's works as reference). I like Arkhip's colour palette for most of his paintings, and these two are some of my favourites. I found his paintings rather modern, because the use of such rich colours exist in modern-day Japanese anime-styled posters and art as well.



My second artist imitation/style understanding is Kay Nielsen. I think it isn't enough for me to just copy his style of drawing. It would work better if I can try some complete pieces in his style. That would be fun. :)



One of 5 weekly clutters I am to clear is my work desk at home (check out the desk easel I recently got to restart my artistic feeling :p I also got a foldable studio easel for doing larger works!).


Another mental clutter (this constant nagging feeling that I am not fit) is to exercise 3 hours a week. So I went to have one hour of tennis on Saturday morning, and spent another hour in the gym this morning.


As of the end of Sunday, I have 2 freeflow artworks outstanding which I will need to complete in the coming week!

No comments: